Battle of Waterloo coin gets international media attention
- Published: Jun 10, 2015, 5 AM
1. Battle of Waterloo coin hits mainstream news cycle
After a eurozone coin honoring the 200th anniversary of the defeat of Napoleon at Waterloo was rejected by France, Belgium as taken matters into its own hands by issuing a €2.5 noncirculating legal tender coin.
It's getting a ton of international media attention.
- The New York Times notes that France is not pleased.
- Huffington Post lets readers know that the battle still doesn't sit well with the French.
- Daily Mail says that this issue could jeopardize relations within the European Union.
- From CNN, we learn that this coin is the first Belgian coin of its value.
The United States Mint will next week release a set that includes four Presidential dollars, one Native American dollar, and one American Eagle silver dollar.
5. Yesterday's most-viewed post
6. Something social
World Coins Sep 22, 2023, 7 PM
US Coins Sep 22, 2023, 4 PM
US Coins Sep 22, 2023, 1 PM
US Coins Sep 21, 2023, 6 PM