Anonymous rare coin donation helps fund Pennsylvania fireworks
- Published: Jul 6, 2015, 7 AM
1. Pennsylvania town gets a pleasant surprise, again
An anonymous donor has once again donated a valuable gold coin to help finance Fourth of July fireworks in the town of Zelienople, according to WPXI in Pennsylvania.
Similar donations have been submitted each year since 2009.
The generous benefactor blessed the town this year with an 1898 gold $20 double eagle that town officials say is worth between $3,000 and $5,000.
2. Presidential coin and First Spouse medal set featuring JFK and Jackie O nearing release
The U.S. Mint will release this set featuring one of the more beloved presidential couples on Thursday, July 9.
3. American Eagle bullion coin sales spike
June was also a strong month for American Eagle silver bullion sales.
4. Precious metals pricing
Kitco.com listed the following prices per ounce as of 10:08 p.m. ET Monday:
5. Hot topics
Check out the three most-read stories of the last seven days:
1. U.S. standard .900 silver alloy in coins may change under legislation
2. U.S. Mint reports 2015 Coins and Chronicles set - Harry S. Truman sold out in 15 minutes on June 30
3. Where did the Proof Jackie Kennedy coins go?
6. Something Social
More from CoinWorld.com:
World Coins Dec 2, 2023, 2 PM
World Coins Dec 1, 2023, 2 PM
US Coins Dec 1, 2023, 1 PM
US Coins Nov 30, 2023, 2 PM