Gardner auction approaches, Reverse Proof Truman dollar planned
- Published: May 1, 2015, 5 AM
It’s time to catch up on the week that was in numismatic insights and news.
Coin World is looking back at its five most-read stories of the week, according to reader metrics.
Click the links to read the stories. Here they are, in reverse order:
5. What does the quick sellout of the silver Homestead bullion coin mean?: On March 31 the U.S. Mint announced that it had sold out of the 5-ounce silver 2015 Homestead National Monument of America quarter dollars.
4. Park ranger stumbles upon trove of silver coins in remote Polish forest: The coins were housed in two large clay pots at the time of the discovery.
3. The £34 million worth of silver coins from SS City of Cairo wreck have been melted: The shipwreck took place 500 miles off the coast of St. Helena in the south Atlantic in 1942.
2. 2015 Coin and Chronicles sets to include Reverse Proof Presidential dollar: The 2015 Coin and Chronicles Set — Harry S. Truman is expected to be released sometime in December.
1. Heritage's third auction of Eugene H. Gardner's rare coins set for May 12 in New York City: Highlights in Gardner III include a rare 1870-S Seated Liberty silver dollar.
Editor's note: Metrics were measured between Friday, April 24, and 9:45 a.m. ET Friday, May 1.
More from CoinWorld.com:
World Coins Sep 26, 2022, 12 PM
Paper Money Sep 26, 2022, 11 AM
Paper Money Sep 25, 2022, 12 PM
World Coins Sep 25, 2022, 12 PM