You bought it: 1893 Isabella quarter, toned Franklin half dollar
- Published: Dec 2, 2014, 3 AM
As part of our continued conversation with our readers, we like to ask Coin World Facebook fans to share about the numismatic purchases they've made recently.
Below are the recent purchases our fans told us about on Facebook along with the reasoning behind the buys:
- Phil N. Molé: "Got a beautiful gem uncirculated 1964 Greek 10 drachmai coin. Also found a great about uncirculated 1944-d war nickel in a nickel roll from the bank."
- Zach Schueler: "Went to the MSNS Show and finally added an 1893 Isabella Quarter to my collection. I also picked up a toned Franklin Half recently. Here is a picture: http://imgur.com/uQtqGlf"
- Robert Coleman: "Got 3 coins which I won in an online auction last week, 2 Roman and one late Carolingian. The most interesting was a bronze of Augustus with a rare mint error. The planchet adhered to the obverse die in striking so that instead of the intended design, the reverse has an incuse, mirror image of the obverse bust."
- Michael Chambers: "Bought an amazing perfect original unmolested 1916-D dime in XF45 (PCGS). Paid too much, however, the coin is exactly what I have been looking to acquire for years now. RARE!!"
Want us to add your weekend purchase to the list? Tell us about it in the comment section below.
More from CoinWorld.com:
US Coins Apr 21, 2021, 1 PM
US Coins Apr 20, 2021, 1 PM
World Coins Apr 19, 2021, 3 PM
US Coins Apr 19, 2021, 1 PM