Joe O’Donnell, digital content producer, joined the Coin World editorial staff in 2014. Joe writes web content, manages Coin World’s social media accounts, compiles content for daily digital eNewsletters, and contributes on occasion to the print magazine. He has enjoyed interacting withCoin World readers while covering the sale of coins from the Saddle Ridge Hoard and the 50th anniversary Kennedy half dollar releases.
You bought it: 1883-CC Morgan dollar from GSA hoard, 1958 Italian Lire coin
- ?Todd Abshire: "Three more certified toners for my collection."
- Jared Grove: "Picked up an 1892 Colombian Half Dollar commemorative (NGC MS64 CAC) for use in guest speaking to an American history class. What better to start with than the maiden voyage of 1492!”
- Julio Jimenez: "Picked up an 1883-cc Morgan Silver Dollar, MS-64, GSA Hoard. At the same time Two Morgans and two peace dollars I had certified by NGC seem to have been lost in the mail. Good times in numismatics!!!!!!!”
- Phil N. Molé: "Not much this week. I did get a 1958 Italian 500 Lire coin -- I always get those when they're reasonable prices. Beautiful, slightly smaller than a US half dollar and about 83% silver."
- Jay Painter: "Was bidding on a 1857 flying eagle cent with a $20 eagle die clash.....someone ended it early, slightly let down!"
- Rick Snow: "2012 1 oz Silver Australian Lunar Year of the Dragon Coin silver grey-pink colored"
Want us to add your weekend purchase to the list? Tell us about it in the comment section below.
More from CoinWorld.com: