You need to see 600,000 coins used for a Statue of Liberty mosaic
- Published: Aug 21, 2015, 11 AM
1. Statue of Coins
British Airways has turned one of its hangars into a giant coin display.
Seen above in a brief time-lapse video, 600,000 coins were put together to celebrate the beginning of the airline's discount season, the "Big British Airways Take Off," according to Marketing Magazine.
2. Denver Coin Club celebrates 80-year anniversary with 'Peace dollar medals'
The obverse design for the medals features sculptor Anthony de Francisci’s portrait of Liberty which appeared on the obverse of the Peace dollar from 1921 through 1935, the latter being the year the Denver Coin Club was founded.
3. After the gold rush
The sales boom for U.S. Mint American Eagle gold bullion coins seen in July has not continued into August.
4. Precious metals pricing
Kitco.com listed the following prices per ounce as of 2:05 p.m. ET Friday:
5. Hot topics
Have a look at the three most-read stories of the last week on CoinWorld.com:
- Federal government to return millions of dollars in Liberty Dollars seized by authorities in 2007
- Watch a $150,000 starting bid turn into a $400,000 final price
- Repeat performance: Collectors angry over Eisenhower sellout
6. Something social
US Coins Sep 29, 2020, 1 PM
US Coins Sep 28, 2020, 10 PM
US Coins Sep 28, 2020, 3 PM
Paper Money Sep 28, 2020, 12 PM