Week's Most Read: Sacagawea gold dollar possible
- Published: Sep 21, 2018, 5 AM
Each week, we publish at our website selected content from the print issue of the week’s Coin World as well as content written primarily for the online audience.
Here are our top five most-read articles from the past week, in reverse order.
5. Sales of American Eagle palladium coin took five minutes to end: In less than five minutes, orders placed Sept. 6 for the Proof 2018-W American Eagle $25 palladium coin were sufficient to put the numismatic product into “Currently Unavailable” status.
4. Uncommonly nice 1950 Franklin half dollar fetches uncommon price: A Mint State 67+ full bell lines 1950 Franklin half dollar brought $39,600 at the Stack’s Bowers Rarities Night auction.
3. Indian Head 5-cent coin registry set soars above sale estimates: A 90-coin collection of high-grade Indian Head 5-cent coins realized well above what the coins' owner expected.
2. Mine in Western Australia yields millions of dollars in gold chunks: Large chunks of gold-encrusted quartz mined from Western Australia are headed to the collector market, after being pulled from a mine there.
1. Gold Sacagawea dollar is a strong possibility in 2019: Calendar year 2019 is shaping up to be an exciting year for numismatic products from the U.S. Mint, including the possibility of a Sacagawea gold dollar.
MORE RELATED ARTICLES
US Coins May 15, 2021, 3 PM
World Coins May 15, 2021, 1 PM
Paper Money May 15, 2021, 12 PM
US Coins May 14, 2021, 3 PM