Week's Most Read: 1943 cent auction stays at the top
- Published: Jan 4, 2019, 4 AM
Each week, we publish at our website selected content from the print issue of the week’s Coin World as well as content written primarily for the online audience.
Here are five of our most-read articles from the past week, in reverse order.
5. Inside Coin World — Finding a 1923-S Peace dollar in circulation: Columns exclusive to the Jan. 14 issue of Coin World included “Found in Rolls,” with its report of a silver dollar roll find.
4. Metals Focus issues five-year forecasts for gold, silver, platinum, palladium: The precious metals consultancy analyzes the market for several precious metals for the the next five years.
3. Monday Morning Brief for Dec. 31, 2018 — 2018 and the variety that wasn’t: We preview our Top 10 Stories of 2018 and update readers on a new attribution for a new variety reported a few weeks ago.
2. Collector Lutes found his 1943 ‘copper cent’ in circulation in 1947: The original story about Don Lutes’s discovery and his decision to sell the coin continues to resonate with readers.
1. Week’s Most Read — Collector to sell 1943 bronze cent he found in 1947: The story of Don Lutes Jr.’s 1947 discovery and decision to sell in 2019 tops the charts for the third week in a row.
MORE RELATED ARTICLES
US Coins Feb 23, 2020, 3 PM
US Coins Feb 23, 2020, 2 PM
World Coins Feb 23, 2020, 2 PM
Paper Money Feb 23, 2020, 1 PM