Week's Most Read: Watch for new quarters
- Published: Jan 21, 2022, 9 AM
Each week, we publish at our website select content from the print issue of the week’s Coin World as well as content written primarily for the online audience.
Here are five of our most-read articles from the past week, in reverse order.
5. Market Analysis: Recognizable variety is better struck: A well-struck Newman X-8 1787 Fugio cent with a prominent obverse die break was sold by Stack's Bowers Galleries for $1,500.
4. Market Analysis: Error coins sold at Heritage auction: Errors were the focus of an early January Heritage auction, led by an 1864 Shield, Large Motto 2-cent coin that brought $45,600.
3. Euro nations unveil designs for 2022 €2 coin: New jointly issued €2 coin design recognizing the Erasmus Program's 35th anniversary will carry identifiers of the 19 issuing countries, some unique to the issuer.
2. Five-coin Proof set due for 2022 American Women quarters: Feb. 10 will be the date of release for a five-coin 2022-S American Women Quarters Proof set with no limits in ordering.
1. Distribution begins for new American Women 2022 quarters: The U.S. Mint has begun sending the first 2022 American Women quarters from the Philadelphia and Denver Mints for distribution by the Federal Reserve.
MORE RELATED ARTICLES
US Coins Sep 21, 2023, 6 PM
World Coins Sep 18, 2023, 12 PM
US Coins Sep 18, 2023, 11 AM
US Coins Sep 16, 2023, 2 PM