Week's Most Read: The Mint's message
- Published: Aug 14, 2020, 9 AM
Each week, we publish at our website select content from the print issue of the week’s Coin World as well as content written primarily for the online audience.
Here are five of our most-read articles from the past week, in reverse order.
5. Rare silver penny from the 12th century in September auction: A metal detectorist discovered a 900-year-old silver penny on a recent expedition and that coin will be offered at a Dix Noonan Webb auction.
4. Bob R. Simpson's patterns included in September Heritage sale: Texas energy executive Bob R. Simpson will be selling a selection of his extensive collection of pattern coins in September.
3. Royal Mint releases Mayflower anniversary £2 coins: To commemorate the 400th anniversary of the voyage of the Mayflower to the New World, a special £2 coin has been released by the Royal Mint.
2. Enhanced Reverse Proof 2019-S American Eagle sells out, again: A small number of surplus Enhanced Reverse Proof 2019-S American Eagles were offered by the U.S. Mint, but sold out before most customers got the word.
1. U.S. Mint releases public service announcement on coin shortage: The coin shortage is not a result of decreased production, but attributed to slowed circulation and the Mint tells the public how to help.
MORE RELATED ARTICLES
Paper Money Nov 27, 2021, 1 PM
US Coins Nov 26, 2021, 6 PM
US Coins Nov 26, 2021, 2 PM
Precious Metals Nov 26, 2021, 1 PM