Week’s Most Read: Packaging upgrade for 2020-W 5-cent coin
- Published: Feb 14, 2020, 9 AM
Each week, we publish at our website selected content from the print issue of the week’s Coin World as well as content written primarily for the online audience.
Here are five of our most-read articles from the past week, in reverse order.
5. Mint releases images of 2020-W quarter with privy mark: An older article about the 2020-W America the Beautiful quarter dollars, which will bear a privy mark, continues to draw attention from Coin World readers.
4. Former Carson City Mint celebrates its 150th anniversary: An audience estimated at more than 500 people crowded into a tent outside the former Carson City Mint in Nevada Feb. 4 to mark the facility’s 150th anniversary.
3. Cent, 5-cent coins still unprofitable to produce, ship: It still costs more than face value for the United States Mint to strike and distribute the Lincoln cent and Jefferson 5-cent coin into circulation, the 2019 Annual Report reveals.
2. Monday Morning Brief for Feb. 10 — Another fast sellout!: The Swissmint, Switzerland’s federal mint, on Jan. 23 offered what it calls “the smallest gold coin in the world” — a lilliputian issue that sold out immediately.
1. Packaging upgrade for Proof 2020-W 5-cent coin: The Proof 2020-W Jefferson 5-cent coin planned as a premium for the 2020-S Proof set will be packaged better than the Proof 2019-W Lincoln cent, U.S. Mint officials say.
Connect with Coin World:
Sign up for our free eNewsletter
Access our Dealer Directory
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
MORE RELATED ARTICLES
Paper Money Mar 19, 2023, 12 PM
Dutch firm warns of proliferation of euro counterfeiting
US Coins Mar 17, 2023, 1 PM
Week's Most Read: 2023 Morgan, Peace dollars
US Coins Mar 16, 2023, 2 PM
Market Analysis: Deja vu for this 1874-CC 50¢
World Coins Mar 16, 2023, 1 PM
Exhibition displays projection of power by the Tudor dynasty