Week's Most Read: Newest American Eagle
- Published: Jun 25, 2021, 9 AM
Each week, we publish at our website select content from the print issue of the week’s Coin World as well as content written primarily for the online audience.
Here are five of our most-read articles from the past week, in reverse order.
5. CCAC gets first look at 2022 commemorative program: Designs were reviewed by the CCAC for the three-coin 2022 Negro Baseball Leagues Centennial program, which will offer Proof and Uncirculated versions.
4. 1927 letter changed the faces on future U.S. small-size notes: An October 1927 staff memo to Treasury Secretary Andrew Mellon suggested portraits, which Mellon tweaked, putting Andrew Jackson on the $20.
3. Monday Morning Brief: Restore a tradition: What seemed like a good idea over 40 years ago may need a review, and the return of the Assay Commission with public participation might be welcome today.
2. CCAC reviews designs for 2022 quarter dollars, gold medal: Three 2022 American Women quarter dollar designs were suggested by the Citizens Coinage Advisory Committee, along with gold medal designs.
1. Mint to offer Proof 2021-S, Reverse of 2021 American Eagle silver $1: The U.S. Mint announced its August availability but few other details about the Proof 2021-S American Eagle, Reverse of 2021 silver dollar.
MORE RELATED ARTICLES
World Coins Oct 24, 2021, 3 PM
US Coins Oct 24, 2021, 3 PM
Paper Money Oct 24, 2021, 12 PM
US Coins Oct 23, 2021, 5 PM