Week's Most Read: Barber quarter in rare holder soars
- Published: Jan 6, 2023, 9 AM
Each week, we publish at our website select content from the print issue of the week’s Coin World as well as content written primarily for the online audience.
Here are five of our most-read articles from the past week, in reverse order.
5. Release dates for American Women quarter dollars: The U.S. Mint has identified release dates for the five 2023 American Women quarter dollars in the second year of the four-year coin program.
4. Mint reveals 2023 American Innovation dollars: The United States Mint has posted images on its website of the four 2023 American Innovation dollars that will be struck with a circulation-quality finish.
3. 2023 coinage in production at U.S. Mint facilities: The Philadelphia and Denver Mints have begun full-scale production of 2023 circulating coinage for eventual release into commerce.
2. Problem gold eagles still attractive choice in sale: Heritage had a fascinating run of gold $10 eagles at its recent Dec. 15 to 18 U.S. Coins Signature Auction with “problems” as designated by third-party grading services.
1. Market Analysis: Buying the holder and the coin: An 1892-O Barber quarter dollar graded Mint State 60 by PCGS in an oversized green Regency holder with an original bag sold for $6,168.75. In a common holder, it might sell for $500.
Connect with Coin World:
Sign up for our free eNewsletter
Access our Dealer Directory
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
MORE RELATED ARTICLES
Paper Money Jun 5, 2023, 1 PM
Kagin’s offers Ford notes in first of two sales
US Coins Jun 5, 2023, 11 AM
Monday Morning Brief for June 5, 2023: Everyday heroism
US Coins Jun 4, 2023, 8 PM
Medal sought for 2022 California church attack hero
US Coins Jun 4, 2023, 1 PM
Market Analysis: AU Details on 1792 half disme