Limited edition 2014 Silver Proof Set on sale March 17
- Published: Mar 4, 2015, 4 AM
The United States Mint will offer the eight-coin 2014 United States Mint Limited Edition Silver Proof set beginning at noon Eastern Time March 17.
The set, limited to a product release of 50,000, is priced at $139.95. There are no ordering limits.
Mint spokesman Michael White said the set's release was delayed into 2015 because of packaging issues.
"We were making improvements based on returns from the 2013 set," White said. "This took longer than expected and we were not able to have the sets assembled until March. The coins were all produced in 2014."
The set contains the following:
- One Proof 2014-W American Eagle 1-ounce .999 fine silver dollar coin.
- Five Proof 2014-S .900 fine silver quarter dollars from the America the Beautiful Quarters Program, one each honoring Great Smoky Mountains National Park in Tennessee, Shenandoah National Park in Virginia, Arches National Park in Utah, Great Sand Dunes National Park in Colorado and Everglades National Park in Florida.
- One Proof 2014-S Kennedy .900 fine silver half dollar.
- One Proof 2014-S Roosevelt .900 fine silver dime
The S Mint coins are struck at the San Francisco Mint while the W Mint coin is struck at the West Point Mint.
Orders will be able to be placed by telephone at 800-872-6468, or online at the Mint's website.
More from CoinWorld.com:
Australian gold prospector unearths 87-ounce nugget worth more than $100,000 in U.S. dollars
Britain's Royal Mint unveils fifth portrait of Queen Elizabeth II:
How much gold and silver has the U.S. Mint sold so far in 2015? [INFOGRAPHIC]
Bank of Canada says not illegal to 'Spock' its $5 notes in homage to the late actor
Scottish token honors independence hero William Wallace
Please sign in or join to share your thoughts on this story.
Keep up with all of CoinWorld.com's news and insights by signing up for our free eNewsletters, liking us on Facebook, and following us on Twitter. We're also on Instagram!
Paper Money Mar 19, 2023, 12 PM
Dutch firm warns of proliferation of euro counterfeiting
US Coins Mar 17, 2023, 1 PM
Week's Most Read: 2023 Morgan, Peace dollars
US Coins Mar 16, 2023, 2 PM
Market Analysis: Deja vu for this 1874-CC 50¢
World Coins Mar 16, 2023, 1 PM
Exhibition displays projection of power by the Tudor dynasty