Silver Roosevelt dimes in new set, prospector prices gold nugget
- Published: Mar 13, 2015, 5 AM
It’s time to catch up on the week that was in numismatic insights and news.
Coin World is looking back at its five most-read stories of the week, according to reader metrics.
Click the links to read the stories. Here they are, in reverse order:
5. CCAC makes its Mark Twain commemorative design recommendations: The design recommended for the silver dollar reverse was actually submitted for obverse consideration.
4. Coins from Alexander the Great era among treasures found in Israel cave: It is the second notable coin find in Israel in recent months.
3. Commemorative coins honoring Mark Twain long overdue: Bill Gibbs thinks Twain would be amused with the honor, and he was vain enough that he would also be a bit pleased.
2. Gold prospector willing to part with 87-ounce nugget find for a price: A minimum of $200,000 in Australian dollars, that's $154,572 U.S., will do the trick says Mick Brown.
1. Three-coin 2015 March of Dimes Special Silver Set goes on sale May 4 from U.S. Mint: The set includes two specially struck Roosevelt silver dimes.
Please sign in or join to share your thoughts on this story.
Keep up with all of CoinWorld.com's news and insights by signing up for our free eNewsletters, liking us on Facebook, and following us on Twitter. We're also on Instagram!
Editor's note: Metrics were measured between Friday, March 6, and 9:37 a.m. ET Friday, March 13.
World Coins Sep 22, 2022, 12 PM
US Coins Sep 21, 2022, 8 PM
US Coins Sep 21, 2022, 12 PM
Precious Metals Sep 20, 2022, 12 PM