2015 High Relief gold coin a 'misfire,' Captain Kirk on new coin
- Published: Feb 6, 2015, 4 AM
It’s time to catch up on the week that was in numismatic insights and news.
Coin World is looking back at its five most-read stories of the week, according to reader metrics.
Click the links to read the stories. Here they are, in reverse order:
5. Reeding variants not errors on 2015 American Eagle tenth-ounce gold bullion coins says U.S. Mint: Officials say the reeded collars are "standard tooling."
4. Royal Canadian Mint releases Hawk and Cougar bullion coins: Canada continues two series with new 2015 silver and gold bullion coins.
3. Star Trek's Captain Kirk, USS Enterprise featured on new Perth Mint silver coins: The Perth Mint is going where no mint has gone before. (So to speak.)
2. CCAC concurs with CFA on designs for 2015 High Relief gold coin: The committee did seek changes to the denomination and diameter of the coin.
1. 2015 High Relief gold $75 coin is a misfire by the Mint on many levels: A longtime collector and Coin World reader criticizes the U.S. Mint's plans in a Guest Commentary column.
Editor's note: Metrics were measured between Friday, Jan. 30, and 9:48 a.m. Friday, Feb. 6.
Precious Metals Sep 14, 2021, 5 PM
US Coins Sep 13, 2021, 2 PM
World Coins Sep 13, 2021, 1 PM
US Coins Sep 13, 2021, 11 AM