Affording Indian Head $10, $4.99m silver dollar: Week's Most Read
- Published: Oct 2, 2015, 5 AM
It’s time to catch up on the week that was in numismatic insights and news.
Coin World is looking back at its five most-read stories of the week, according to reader metrics.
Click the links to read the stories. Here they are, in reverse order:
5. Celtic stater from modern-day France imitates Greek gold coin: One of the many highlights from Nomos Ag auction scheduled for Oct. 9 in Switzerland.
4. Mad for labels: 2015-W American Liberty, High Relief gold coins bring $13,000 plus: Bidders pay big prices for select PCGS graded coins with special labels.
3. Pogue Collection 1794 Flowing Hair silver dollar realizes $4.99 million: The second auction of masterpieces of United States coins from the D. Brent Pogue Collection by Stack’s Bowers Galleries in conjunction with Sotheby’s took place in New York City on Sept. 30. Some heavy hitting prices were realized.
2. U.S. Mint sells out production of Bombay Hook National Wildlife Refuge silver bullion: Another silver bullion coin experiences fast sellout from the U.S. Mint.
1. Affording Indian Head gold $10 eagle coins: Q. David Bowers: Q. David Bowers offers some keen insight on how to collect and afford the well-known series.
Connect with Coin World:
US Coins Jun 20, 2021, 2 PM
Paper Money Jun 20, 2021, 12 PM
World Coins Jun 19, 2021, 5 PM
US Coins Jun 19, 2021, 2 PM