2017-S Limited-Edition Silver Proof set cap
- Published: Sep 22, 2017, 6 AM
It’s that time of the week again, as we catch up on what happened in the numismatic world this week.
Coin World is looking back at its five most-read stories of the week.
Click the links to read the stories. Here they are, in reverse order:
5. U.S. Mint will start selling palladium American Eagle bullion coins in September: When the U.S. Mint issues its first American Eagle bullion coin struck in .9995 fine palladium, it will be a West Point Mint product with no Mint mark.
4. Pieces that glitter bring out the auction bidders in Kagin’s sale: Gold nuggets and a more than 1,000-ounce silver ingot retrieved from a World War II shipwreck helped highlight Kagin’s Auctions’ Sept. 15 sale.
3. Third two-tailed Washington quarter dollar makes public appearance: The third known example of a copper-nickel clad quarter dollar struck with two reverse dies for Washington quarter dollars has surfaced.
2. They’re out: Series 2013 $100 notes reported in circulation: Series 2013 $100 Federal Reserve notes are appearing in circulation and the marketplace earlier than expected.
1. Mint places 50,000-set ceiling on 2017-S Limited-Edition Silver Proof set: The eight-coin 2017-S Limited-Edition Silver Proof set goes on sale at noon Eastern Time Oct. 5.
Connect with Coin World:
MORE RELATED ARTICLES
World Coins Jun 30, 2022, 12 PM
US Coins Jun 29, 2022, 2 PM
World Coins Jun 29, 2022, 2 PM
US Coins Jun 29, 2022, 1 PM