Quiz: How much do you know about classic U.S. coins?
- Published: Mar 9, 2016, 7 AM
1. Test your classic coin knowledge
Think you know your stuff when it comes to numismatics? (If you're a loyal Coin World reader, then you should.)
Why not put yourself to the test?
Take the quick, fun quiz now. If we get a solid response, maybe we'll put together a few more.
2. Several new Whitman books are on the way
Six new Whitman Publishing books will be released at the Whitman Baltimore Expo that takes place March 31 to April 3.
Books topics range from the Philadelphia Mint in 1894 to bullion collecting.
3. What happened on this date in numismatic history?
On March 9, 1862, during the Civil War's Battle of Hampton Roads, the first battle between two ironclad warships concluded after more than a day of fighting.
4. Connect with Coin World:
5. Precious metals pricing
Kitco.com lists the following prices per ounce Wednesday at 3:54 p.m. ET:
- Gold: $1,250.20
- Silver: $15.245
6. Hot topics
Check out three interesting stories from the last couple of days:
- Citizens Coinage Advisory Committee to review 2017 Boys Town commem designs
- Tale of two Holey dollars sold at auction in February
- Switzerland issues coin for Alps mountain tunnel opening
7. Something Social
MORE RELATED ARTICLES