It’s time to catch up on the week that was in numismatic insights and news.
Coin World is looking back at its five most-read stories of the
week, according to reader metrics.
Click the links to read the stories. Here they are, in reverse order:
5. Celtic stater from modern-day France imitates Greek
gold coin: One of the many highlights from Nomos Ag auction
scheduled for Oct. 9 in Switzerland.
4. Mad for labels: 2015-W American Liberty, High Relief
gold coins bring $13,000 plus: Bidders pay big prices for select
PCGS graded coins with special labels.
3. Pogue Collection 1794 Flowing Hair silver dollar
realizes $4.99 million: The second auction of masterpieces of
United States coins from the D. Brent Pogue Collection by Stack’s
Bowers Galleries in conjunction with Sotheby’s took place in New York
City on Sept. 30. Some heavy hitting prices were realized.
2. U.S. Mint sells out production of Bombay Hook
National Wildlife Refuge silver bullion: Another silver bullion
coin experiences fast sellout from the U.S. Mint.
1. Affording Indian Head gold $10 eagle coins: Q. David
Bowers: Q. David Bowers offers some keen insight on how to collect
and afford the well-known series.
Connect with Coin World: