It’s time to catch up on the week that was in numismatic
insights and news.
Coin World is looking back at
its five most-read stories of the week, according to reader
Click the links to read the stories. Here they
are, in reverse order:
5. California gold nugget 'a life changer,' longtime
metal detectorist 'Digger Bob' says: The nearly 70-ounce nugget
found in Butte County foothills recently sold for six-figure sum.
4. Gardner's Standing Liberties: Low-mintage 1927-S
quarter tops $175,000 at auction: This San Francisco Mint issue
is frequently seen weakly struck, so examples with fully defined heads
3. Mint unveils 2015 March Of Dimes silver dollar
designs: The unveiling coincides with the foundation’s observance
of Prematurity Awareness Month.
2. Inventory of silver 1-ounce American Eagle bullion
coins at United States Mint depleted: The bureau halted sales to
authorized purchasers while rebuilding its stockpile.
1. What you need to know before collecting 'classic'
U.S. coins: Brad Karoleff provides information for numismatic
novices in his latest Numismatic Ramblings post.
Keep up with CoinWorld.com's top stories as they are published:
Editor's note: Metrics were measured between Friday, Oct. 31, and
10 a.m. ET on Friday, Nov. 7.