Week's Most Read: American Eagle palladium coin
- Published: Sep 14, 2018, 6 AM
Each week, we publish at our website selected content from the print issue of the week’s Coin World as well as content written primarily for the online audience.
Here are our top five most-read articles from the past week, in reverse order.
5. 1949 full-step 5¢ coin with opulent rainbows bests own recent price: A colorful 1949-D Jefferson 5-cent piece graded MS-67 full steps realized $6,000 in August.
4. MS-66 red 1874 Indian Head cent soars to nearly $23,000: The 1874 Indian Head cent is not rare and it has a high mintage. One recently sold for $22,800.
3. Federal Reserve policy from 2017 requires return of Mint errors: The 12 Federal Reserve Banks and their branches are required to return to the U.S. Mint any error coins.
2. ‘Common’ 1949 Roosevelt dime brings an uncommon price: The 1949 Roosevelt dime is a common coin, so why did someone pay $13,200 for one offered in a recent auction?
1. Sales of American Eagle palladium coin took five minutes to end: Sales of the Proof 2018-W American Eagle palladium coin ended in about five minutes after the Mint sold out most of the edition.
Inside Coin World: Collecting Proof sets, odd sports and notes with no value : We preview some of the feature content exclusive to the October monthly issue of Coin World.
MORE RELATED ARTICLES
Paper Money May 24, 2020, 12 PM
US Coins May 23, 2020, 3 PM
World Coins May 23, 2020, 1 PM
Paper Money May 23, 2020, 12 PM