Week's Most Read: Quarters attract attention
- Published: May 14, 2021, 9 AM
Each week, we publish at our website select content from the print issue of the week’s Coin World as well as content written primarily for the online audience.
Here are five of our most-read articles from the past week, in reverse order.
5. Mule error realizes $84,000 in Heritage sale: A coin with a Sacagawea obverse and a Presidential dollar reverse authenticated as a discovery coin and graded AU-58 brought $84,000 at auction.
4. Monday Morning Brief for May 10, 2021: What to call them: Grading companies and numismatic publishers are debating the proper designation for the upcoming Morgan and Peace dollar releases.
3. Finding cents with an engraved edge?: A New York City artist has used 2020-issued Lincoln cents as a canvas to express her view that society is more concerned about financial bodies than physical bodies.
2. 2021 Morgan and 2021 Peace silver dollars may become annual series: Coins commemorating the 2021 anniversary of the 1921 design change for silver dollars maynot be a one year only issue.
1. Prices soar for common quarters in uncommon grades: Otherwise common quarter dollars in a high grades prompt buyers to step up to add the quality coins to their collections.
MORE RELATED ARTICLES
World Coins Oct 25, 2021, 12 PM
Paper Money Oct 25, 2021, 12 PM
World Coins Oct 25, 2021, 11 AM
World Coins Oct 24, 2021, 3 PM