You bought it: MS-63 1923 Peace dollar, Alexander the Great stater
- Published: Feb 10, 2015, 9 AM
As part of our continued conversation with our readers, we like to ask Coin World Facebook fans to share about the numismatic acquisitions they've made recently.
Below are the recent purchases and discoveries our fans told us about on Facebook along with the reasoning behind the buys and finds:
- John Lane: "I bought a 3 piece set of 1909 cents. Indian head, VDB & plain. (I couldn't afford an S mint)."
- John Di Gregorio: "Bought a 1923 peace dollar...mint error...graded MS63"
- Wally Reed: "Bought a Alexander the Great Stater"
- Jack Kennedy: "Franklin half, MS 62. I always wanted one. Kinda collected Kennedy halves so a Franklin half would be cool to have"
- Bryan Cleaver: "1877 Indan Head cent in vg condition"
- Phil N. Molé: "A nice XF-AU 1925 Peace dollar."
- Adam Gilmore: "I bought two 1909 S Lincoln cents graded PCGS MS64RD. One is the S/Horizontal S and the other is the regular S. Once I get them in hand, I will decide which I like better and sell the other."
- Eugene Rivera: "One ounce Rhodium bar"
2015 High Relief gold $75 coin is a misfire by the Mint on many levels
Star Trek's Captain Kirk, USS Enterprise featured on new Perth Mint silver coins
Several 2015 U.S. Marshals Service commemorative coins already 'out of stock’
'Sons of Liberty' TV mini-series misses the mark when it comes to Colonial coins
Kennedy half dollar sales begin Feb. 12 for 200-coin mixed bags and two-roll sets from U.S. Mint
Please sign in or join to share your thoughts on this story.
Keep up with all of CoinWorld.com's news and insights by signing up for our free eNewsletters, liking us on Facebook, and following us on Twitter. We're also on Instagram!
US Coins Jul 4, 2020, 1 PM
US Coins Jul 4, 2020, 12 PM
Paper Money Jul 4, 2020, 12 PM
US Coins Jul 3, 2020, 6 PM