Proof 1968 No S Roosevelt dime sells, change to quarter unpopular
- Published: Apr 17, 2015, 5 AM
It’s time to catch up on the week that was in numismatic insights and news.
Coin World is looking back at its five most-read stories of the week, according to reader metrics.
Click the links to read the stories. Here they are, in reverse order:
5. Coin show labels no longer bring huge premiums: Coin World blogger Louis Golino discusses the demand for first-day coins in his latest post.
4. U.S. Mint records sales of 344,423 Proof 2015-W American Eagle silver dollars through April 12: The coin is available individually and in the annual Congratulations set.
3. Coin users recommend the Mint make no changes to the copper-nickel clad quarter dollar composition: A U.S. Mint’s stakeholders meeting on alternative compositions took place March 18.
2. Know your U.S. coins: Morgan dollar: For decades the Morgan dollar has ranked at the top U.S. coin collectors' favorite coins.
1. PCGS Proof 68 1968 Roosevelt, No S dime realizes $31,102.50 in GreatCollections auction: Collectors bid fiercely online April 5 in GreatCollections' offering of the Cigarra Collection of U.S. coins missing Mint marks.
Editor's note: Metrics were measured between Friday, April 10, and 9:20 a.m. ET Friday, April 17.
US Coins Dec 3, 2021, 2 PM
US Coins Dec 3, 2021, 1 PM
US Coins Dec 2, 2021, 8 PM
US Coins Dec 2, 2021, 3 PM