Museum launches campaign for Anglo-Saxon coins: Coin World Buzz
- Published: Aug 27, 2015, 6 AM
1. Museum trying to keep Anglo-Saxon coin hoard
Ahead of acquiring 21 coins for display, the Bucks County Museum is trying to raise money that would be used to obtain the more than 5,200 coins if the hoard is declared treasure by the coroner, according to The Bucks Herald.
Bucks County is already making some headway, with £3,000 in pledges thus far from around the world.
2. The Queen appears on modernized note marking her 2012 Diamond Jubilee
"The States of Jersey issued a £100 note that broke some new ground for images of the queen, especially for bank notes. The note features a printed image of the queen based on artist Chris Levine and holographer Rob Munday’s holographic portrait of her, titled Equanimity."
3. London auction highlight
An extremely rare pattern £5 gold coin that was designed as George III lay dying in 1820 and effectively became a commemorative piece for the king is expected to sell for £200,000 to £250,000 during a September Dix Noonan Webb auction in London.
4. Precious metals pricing
Kitco.com currently lists the following prices per ounce Monday:
5. Hot topics
Check out the three most-read stories of the last week:
- Why the modern world coin third-party-graded market is growing
- Federal government to return millions of dollars in Liberty Dollars seized by authorities in 2007
- Enhanced Uncirculated 2015-W Native American dollar in 2015 American $1 Coin and Currency set
6. Something social
Paper Money Dec 4, 2023, 1 PM
US Coins Dec 4, 2023, 12 PM
World Coins Dec 2, 2023, 2 PM
World Coins Dec 1, 2023, 2 PM