How an America the Beautiful quarter gets designed
- Published: Jan 29, 2016, 11 AM
1. Designing 'America the Beautiful'
The video above gives collectors a chance to learn how the latest quarter dollar in the America the Beautiful series, which pays tribute to Shawnee National Forest in Illinois, was designed, straight from the guy who designed it.
Engraver Jim Licaretz from the U.S. Mint in Philadelphia quickly breaks down what the digital design process entails and how he went about creating the design that is used on the quarter.
Read more about the Shawnee National Forest quarter:
- U.S. Mint opens sales Feb. 1 for 2016 Shawnee National Forest quarters
- U.S. Mint announces details for Shawnee National Forest quarter dollar launch
- U.S. Mint releases approved designs for 2016 America the Beautiful quarter dollars
2. Demand for silver bullion expected to stay high
The demand that has led to record American Eagle sales the last two years is expected to remain elevated as collectors and investors take advantage of relatively lower metal prices in the first few months of the year.
3. Week's Most Read
Another eventful week in coin-collecting news is just about in the books.
4. Connect with Coin World:
5. Precious metals pricing
Kitco.com lists the following prices per ounce Friday at 12:23 p.m. ET:
6. Hot topics
Check out three interesting stories from the last few of days:
- First 1794 Flowing Hair silver dollar traveling on public exhibition
- Northern Lights glow in the dark, in color, on 2016 Canadian coin
- Professional Coin Grading Service founder ignores advice, starts firm
7. Something Social
MORE RELATED ARTICLES
World Coins May 23, 2020, 1 PM
Paper Money May 23, 2020, 12 PM
US Coins May 22, 2020, 4 PM
US Coins May 22, 2020, 1 PM