Silver set sparks March of Dimes sales, ModernCoinMart sold
- Published: May 15, 2015, 6 AM
It’s time to catch up on the week that was in numismatic insights and news.
Coin World is looking back at its five most-read stories of the week, according to reader metrics.
Click the links to read the stories. Here they are, in reverse order:
5. Collectors' Clearinghouse: Some damaged errors are indeed genuine: On rare occasions, what appears to be a badly damaged error coin turns out to be legitimate in all respects.
4. ModernCoinMart has been sold to GovMint.com owner Asset Marketing Services: Asset Marketing Services LLC already owns three other numismatic companies.
3. Louis Golino: Lower household limits needed for 2015 Presidential Coin and Chronicles Sets: A long-standing complaint of many regular purchasers of U.S. Mint products is that household limits are typically too high.
2. Take a short quiz to test your numismatic knowledge: Q. David Bowers of Stack's Bowers offers up a quiz to see just how well you know your numismatics.
1. More than half of March of Dimes coin sales tied to currently unvavailable Special Silver Set: Of the 141,364 March of Dimes silver dollars reported sold by the U.S. Mint, 120,384 are Proofs, with more than 62 percent being in the Special Silver Set
Editor's note: Metrics were measured between Friday, May 8, and 9:19 a.m. ET Friday, May 15.
More from CoinWorld.com: