It’s time to catch up on the week that was in numismatic
insights and news.
Coin World is looking back at
its five most-read stories of the week, according to reader
Click the links to read the stories. Here they
are, in reverse order:
5. Larry King interviews GreatCollections' Ian Russell
about coins: The pair delve into the hobby of numismatics in a
25-minute television segment posted on YouTube.
4. Big Ben silver £100-for-£100 coin sells out from
Royal Mint: All 50,000 coins were purchased in the two weeks
after sales began on Dec. 29.
3. 2 coins topped the $2 million mark at Heritage's
Platinum Night FUN auction: 2015's first big coin show got off
to an exciting start on the night of Jan. 7.
2. Here are 12 photos from Tuesday's opening of the
Boston time capsule: While we remain on the hunt for coin
close-ups, these will do for now.
1. Pawn Stars' Rick Harrison spotted at Heritage's FUN
Platinum Night auction: The coin Harrison put up for sale
brought nearly $100,000 during the Jan. 7 auction.
Keep up with CoinWorld.com's top stories as they are published:
Editor's note: Metrics were measured between Friday, Jan. 9, and
9:36 a.m. Friday, Jan. 16.