It’s time to catch up on the week that was in numismatic insights and news.
Coin World is looking back at its five most-read stories of the week.
Click the links to read the stories. Here they are, in reverse order:
5. The Reverse Proof Reagan dollar coin is coming
soon: Previous Coin and Chronicles sets have been very popular
with U.S. Mint customers, and have also been responsible for some
serious U.S. Mint website problems.
4. Q. David Bowers: The advantages third-party grading
offers collectors in today’s hobby: Positive aspects of
certification can depend on which side of a transaction you are on.
3. The future of America’s dollar coin: Monday Morning
Brief: The dollar coin is barely used in circulation, but that
hasn’t stopped one member of Congress from proposing legislation for a
series of 56 coins issued over 14 years.
2. This coin board contains no coins, so why did it
sell for more than $500?: A rare coin board established a new
price record during an eBay auction that closed Sept. 20.
1. You can now order as many Standing Liberty gold
quarter dollars as you want: Collectors have been able to order
as many 2016-W Standing Liberty Centennial gold quarter dollars as
they want since noon Sept. 21.
Connect with Coin World:
Sign up for our free eNewsletter