It’s time to catch up on the week that was in numismatic insights and news.
Coin World is looking back at its five most-read stories of the week.
Click the links to read the stories. Here they are, in reverse order:
5. ‘Technically perfect’ 1989 American Eagle silver
bullion coin tops $14,000: Modern issues in top grades continue
to get the attention of collectors putting together grading service
4. What is the maximum mintage for the Standing Liberty
gold quarter dollar?: Fewer coins are being made available than
were for the 2016-W Winged Liberty Head gold dime.
3. Wold Newton Hoard find of Roman ancients in Britain
excites archaeologists: Not just the city of York but its
environs are a dream for historians, and proving to be a treasure trove.
2. PCGS offers bounties for five numismatic
rarities: PCGS initially offered the $10,000 reward for one of
those coins — the 1964-D Peace dollar — in 2013. Now four more
bounties have been issued.
1. The long wait is almost over: Standing Liberty gold
quarters available Sept. 8: With the spot price of gold surging,
the potential opening sales price for the gold quarter dollar also
continues to rise.
Connect with Coin World: