time to catch up on the week that was in numismatic insights and news.
World is looking back at its five most-read stories of the week.
the links to read the stories. Here they are, in reverse order:
5. Hobbyists report on their latest die variety find
first is a 1948-D/D Lincoln cent that raises the question “How did
this one slip by undetected all of these years?”
4. Bishop designs Britain's final 'round pound' as
series ends: Beginning
in 2017, a 12-sided £1 coin with
groundbreaking security features will replace the existing round coin.
3. Boldly going where no collector has gone before:
Monday Morning Brief: Baltimore collector Chuck Link has
accomplished what no other collector of Capped Bust half dollars has
done. Coin World has details.
2. Family-held collection yields rare New Jersey
national bank notes: Stack's Bowers says that only about 40
Original Series notes are known of this denomination and this is the
first one ever from the state of New Jersey.
1. Proof 1909 Lincoln, V.D.B. cent realizes $41,125 at
Regency XVII Auction: The 1909 Lincoln cent with designer Victor
David Brenner’s initials on the reverse is always popular with collectors.
Connect with Coin World: